Monday, March 31, 2014

Proof

3...2...1...Go! Prove you are not sick, not weak. Remind yourself you are capable, more than capable.  Do what they said you couldn't, can't.  Suffer by choice not by disease. Train the mind, the soul, then the body.  Take 50% and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.  You are better than 50% of your best. Today, yesterday and tomorrow.  Dizzy by design not by meds.  Out of breath not out of effort, will, stubbornness, faith, belief.  Certainly not out of Hope.  

The 2014 Crossfit Open is over, but I am so grateful for it.  Prior to the Open I started to believe what my doctors were telling me.  That I wasn't capable, I wouldn't be.  The Open was and has been a chance to remind myself every week that I am who I decide I am.  I can do what I decide I can do.  I may not be better than I was last year.  I'm different than last year.  I'm I still a stubborn ass, tell me I can't just so I can prove you wrong beast.  But now I've done it with cancer in tow.  I took on cancer 5 weeks, 5 rounds of the Open and I won! I endured 2 rounds of chemo DURING the Open.  Sure, I don't have a muscle up yet, but I completed the Open WITH cancer and I didn't give up.  I pushed through each week, each WOD.  I trained smart, I trained hard.  I sandbagged and I pushed myself, all in a well thought out strategy to successfully get through the Open.

I will always want more out of myself but I'm not sure any future Open, any future competition will ever be as uplifting, as memorable, as good of a finish as doing the Open 2014 with cancer.  

My name is Brittany Gill and I just did what I didn't think I could do 5 weeks ago.  Suck it cancer!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your post. This post really help me a lot and I have learnt some new things from your blog.
    massage at home

    ReplyDelete