Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Round 6

I've never been electrocuted but I have a feeling I know what the inside of a person's body would feel like who was.  Chemo round 5 knocked me back a few steps.  Humbled me a bit more (not that cancer and chemo in general hadn't humbled me already).  Left me feeling pretty fried from the inside out.  I used to be excited about chemo because it was and is my lifeline.  Today, I am a bit nervous for round 6.  Nervous like I was for Open WOD 14.4.  Not afraid it will win, but nervous because I know the suck, the pain that comes with tackling it, conquering it.  I'll do it and I'll survive it and I'll be stronger after it, but knowing ahead of time the amount of suck you are about to endure can be a bit intimidating.  I will still smile through it though.

The other day someone looked at me in the store and said, you must be a survivor! Ahh so great! Usually people look at me and say, oh, cancer? Haha yupp, cancer.  To have someone think I'm a survivor was such a great compliment! Yes, I am a survivor! Of 5 rounds of chemo, soon to be 6.  Of uncertainty and baldness.  Of no eye lashes and phlebitis and all other cancer related suckiness.  

So bring it round 6.  You make me nervous but I'm not afraid.  3...2...1...Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment