Thursday, September 18, 2014

Community Lifting


I lay here, not quite laying down, not quite comfortable, not quite sure what to write.  I am hooked up to my power port for non-stop fluids and a cath because standing up seems to induce a seizure-like response causing me to pass out. 

This all sarted around the beginning of August.  My pesky hip flexor and left psoas muscles just wouldn’t let it go.  I sought out my chiropractor, physical massage therapist, went to the ER twice, crippled in pain.  During the last visit to the ER, I was so sick from pain meds and hadn’t been able to hold any food down for five days and was admitted into the Salem Hospital.    

Fast forward to today, I’m not actually able to write by myself and I don’t have the ability to stare at the computer screen long enough or the dexterity to work these apple devices.  Its Wednesday sept 17th, exactly 2 months and 1 day shy of my initial cancer diagnosis.  And I now sit here weighing words like brain cancer and seizures and malignant psoas syndrome on one side and on the other side what seems like all original markers of being cancer free. 

To say I’m confused is the understatement of the year.  I’ve wanted to sit down so many times since we found this news out and write to explain how I am feeling and keep finding myself with lack of words.   I go back to one of my posts which I discuss how life is about lifting heavy things and you keep lifting until they’re not heavy anymore. 

I’d like to sit down here and scribe through my friend and husband all the thoughts I have contemplated since I heard the words brain cancer.  The funny thing is that it takes all control over your thoughts and in the end it is always a constant reminder of how many people are there for us and in true everyday warrior fashion, no one fights alone. 
Due to my wonderful family, friends and volunteers, everyday warrior will go forward with our first annual battle series and my hope is that my story will help motivate those who are still on the fence to participate.  The money isn’t raised for me or my family, but for those out there who need someone to fight for them and for them to know they aren’t fighting alone.

We appreciate your patience with us as we work through these transitions in an organization so newly founded but now operating at less than half capacity of what we once were.  Please direct any questions to our Facebook page publicly or our e-mail info@everyday-warrior.org  We’ll do our best to follow up with you as soon as we can and we’re so excited that even through all of this we can continue to pursue our mission and that NO ONE FIGHTS ALONE.

Love you all. 

2 comments:

  1. Brittany you are one of a kind. You and Matt have taught so many people so much about this life we have here on Earth. I pray for pain relief, symptom relief. I pray for you to be able to spend time and love with those most close to you. I pray for the Doctors, that they may help you the best way they know how. To say you inspire me is the biggest understatement ever spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this is what anyone wants to hear, but my husband just died of cancer and your journey and your spirit have been a help to me. I want to thank you. Because I think you can hear me.

    ReplyDelete