Sunday, January 19, 2014

Guardian Angel Puppy

This post has nothing to do with me and everything to do with Remi.  I am not rushing the grieving process, just letting it wash over me as it will.  Tonight I was overwhelmed with memories of Remi.  When we first adopted her Matt and I both fully admitted that we were a bit nervous about owning a pitbull.  However, she quickly showed us her heart was way more fierce and loyal than any other part of her body.  Because of Remi we got involved with a shelter based in Portland, Family Dogs New Life.  Because of Remi the following dogs were all brought in to the Gill household, loved on, cared for, provided some obedience, all to help them find their forever homes.  Each time I get sad I think of the lives she saved by being her and I can't help but think she is the Guardian Angel Puppy of the Gill household and for all of these foster dogs.  I just wanted to take a moment to share with everyone else as I sit and remember and miss our sweet Remi girl.

Jojo - our first foster dog. We eased in to the experience with a puppy.  Although I'm not sure you ease in to anything with a puppy.

Our second foster dog Nena.

Our third foster dog Kenna
Our forth foster dog Fanny (I fell in love with her while watching her try to steal a hamburger at an adoption event, I HAD to foster her after that!)
Our fifth foster dog Sweet Mama
Unfortunately I can't seem to find a picture of our sixth foster dog Twinkie.  We also helped foster number 7 and 8 (puppies again!).  Awful picture of the puppies but sweet one of my dogs


Thank you Remi for being you, for being am amazing ambassadog for pitbull and pitbull mix dogs everywhere.  There is a huge hole in our house and in our hearts, we miss you every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment